December 14, 2010

My Favorite Freebie!!

Today, I may have discovered my very favorite freebie ever!! of alllll time!!
As you know, I am not planning a "beach" themed wedding at all, although I am having my reception in an ocean front venue and getting married in a seaside chapel. Although super cute. It's just not my thing.

That doesn't mean I can't include really cute, ocean themed things into other parts of my wedding. For the rehearsal dinner we are almost positive to be doing some kind of clam bake, seafood restaurantish dinner.

This means, red and white striped table clothes, lobster bibs, and anchors galore.

I have also decided to make the "welcome" boxes at the hotels greeting my out of town guests to have the same "seaside" notes. I won't go into super detail on these boxes, but they will include local treats, tons of maps and things to do, plus some anchor themed items.

So How great was it when I came across this freebie at Weddingchicks.com? This anchor monogram. And I know just where I am going to use it. Hello Rehearsal dinner menus, invites, and even stationary to write notes to our OOT guests on. This really made my Tuesday morning....



Go snag this for yourself: http://www.weddingchicks.com/freebies/custom-goodies/nautical-monogram/



I did come across one little hiccup. I wanted to do one with the gold anchor and a hot pink swirl. I thought it would look super cute. But, for some reason some of the combinations of "swirls" don't show up when you use the gold anchor and lettering. Black swirl worked, pink did not. But... I wasn't really disappointed because I kind of love this one without the swirl and just want to run to Staples now to buy some linen paper to print this on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: