December 1, 2010

Inspired By Cakes

One of the most difficult decisions I have had so far is honing in on one idea of a cake that I love.
I obvisously have a lot of time over the next two years to come up with an idea, but I get inspirted everywhere- and love all the cakes. I know I am definetly one for a more intricate design-- but there are just soooooo many options.  I wish I didn't have to settle on just one design!


Take a look at these amazing cakes:

This is the original cake I was inspired by and since then my ideas have grown ten fold!



This is one of my favorites. It was featured in a Martha Stewart Binder my cousin gave me for wedding planning and its also on Martha's site. The idea of wedgewood look is so fresh-- but I was thinking of a similar design with the blush pink to match my decor. I am obessed with those draped flowers! How cute would they look brushed with gold?



this is just adorable! And all the work and details, it's unbelieveable

I don't know my feelings on monograms, but I do love the detail of tis one. And the draping on the bottom.
Basically, anything "gilded age" is right up my alley.



Speaking Of Guilded Age-- A cake fit for a Queen!