November 22, 2010

Budget Finds!

So happy Monday. Tough Monday huh? A big dinner awaits us in a few days and we have to stumble through these few days at work. Ugh!
So with thanksgiving around the corner- there are also tons of holiday ads. I got caught up in "Sales" this weekend and hit the mall, plus I needed a cute new outfit to see some friends this weekend. Well. I didn't buy a single present. I did however, come home with 3 bags for myself :)


At any rate. I wanted to share I found my wedding purse!! Its so adorable, and I'd love to share a photo---but I can't... and I'd like to explain why. but let's just say---it involves gifts for others.. get where I'm going.
So it was a great "budget" friendly find. My wedding clutch cost me 17.95. Yup. Full price. and It's the most adorable thing I've ever seen. And then I figured I likely won't use a clutch on my wedding. I'm pretty sure someone will have to un-superglue the blackberry from my hands, and lock it in the hotel room-- and that my DOC will have my fav. lip gloss on her at all times, and I won't need cash....or my CC. But I don't care. Ill make SOMEONE carry it or at least get a photo of it, since its soooo cute!!


To give you an idea of what it looks like here's an "inspirational" picture. Think the organza (minus the price tag) of this Valentino bag


If I was to get this Valentino bag in a clutch it would run me about $250
Savings: $232.50
(and mine is even cuter!)
clutch inspiration


On a second note of "budget" purchases this weekend. I also got the gold chargers I've been dying over for under my plates. My caterer charged $5 pp to rent them. So I bought them at good ol' Christmas Tree Shoppe for $1.00 a piece. I ordered them, and they took about a week to come in. BUT HERE'S THE BEST PART: As I was in line, I saw a woman whip out a 20% off coupon "friends and family" so I asked her if she got it online ,and where I can get it. She said "it looks like you're buying a ton hunny, here's my extra coupon"...Whoo hoo. So I purchased 150 gold chargers for 80 cents, Ya, 80 cents a piece. With plans to sell them after my wedding....I basically will have had Free gold chargers on my tables, and saved myself the 5$ pp.


Savings: around $700 bucks!!