December 3, 2010

Too Many Choices, Too Many Opinions

I wanted to take a bit of a different route today and "reflect" on some conversations that I have had in the past few days about Vendors, Opinions, and Options.

Here is my advice. Stop looking. When you know you have found the right place, the right florist, the right caterer-- Stop...

I will tell you a little story:
I looked at 17 venues. Yes, 17.
I spent the better half of the summer looking at venues, on lunch breaks, on weekends, at night, in the morning before work (one vendor agreed to show me a ballroom at 7:00 am)....it was exhausting.

In the end, I went with place #3 that we visited. I can tell you that I knew back in 2002 when I was a freshman in college I would get married there. I should have listened to myself.

Here's my second piece of advice today:
Don't tell people what you are planning if you don't want to hear what they have to say. Positive or negative. They will tell you... in fact, they feel its their right to tell you how they feel ,what they thing, etc... and if you are thin skinned--or just don't want to hear it, then don't talk about the wedding.

Well that's my two sense.

On to more fun stuff now.xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: